Monday, September 14, 2009

Checking in with updates from Nashville

Hello everyone!

Just filling you guys in with a few new updates since my last post. I did get shin splints and oh how they have been painful. I have never had shin splints before in my life and I hope I will never get them again.

Kate and I also got new shoes! Shin splints are slowly going away, mileage is going up. It is about time. I'm working on getting my runs plugged into a website, map my run, for viewers to look at. Until then, I run after work during the workdays and parks over the weekend. I work near Vanderbilt and Belmont which allows me to run on sidewalks. Weekend park runs involve greenways around Nashville. This is a runner friendly city that is for sure.

Weather has been decent. It was awesome here for awhile. Mild, no humidity but that has all changed recently. Rainy, lets just say we are making up for the drought we had last year.

Kate had her 27th B-day, Sept. 21st. Happy Birthday honey!!!! I got her the running shoes and Beatles Rockband. She loves it!

We have been to Auburn twice to see the Auburn Tigers play. Our latest trip was a very memorable one, the WVU game. We had about 4" of rain come down right before the game started. It made sitting in the stadium soaking wet horrible but Auburn made up for it. We are 3-0! War Eagle!!

Finally, I thought I would leave you guys something to associate with me while I run. Here are my top five running song I have on my IPOD:

1) Welcome to the Jungle - Guns and Roses
2) Send the Pain Below - Chevelle
3) Oil and Water - Incubus
4) The State of Massachusetts - Dropkick Murphy
5) Dig - Incubus


I also want to keep thanking everyone for their support! This is coming together so nicely and I'm very excited for that first run!!! Dec. 5th here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment